Modernist Cooking Made Easy:
Do you want to amaze your friends when they come over?
Are you tired of serving the same bland and uninteresting foods when you have parties?
My latest cookbook is focused on modernist party foods and has more than 100 recipes for cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and small plates that will totally impress your guests!
Modernist cooking is a great way to easily create remarkable dishes that will blow your friends away and there's just a few simple techniques you need to get the hang of. It's also a fun way to delight your senses with new flavors, textures, aromas, and compositions.That's where Modernist Cooking Made Easy:
Party Foods comes in!
This book provides all the information you need to get started amazing your party guests with modernist cooking. It is all presented in an easy to understand format along with more than 100 recipes that can be applied immediately to your next party.
Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Party Foods provides an overview of the main modernist concepts and includes over 100 recipes that use these techniques and ingredients to create great dishes. Plus, these techniques can produce an amazing array of dishes that anyone can easily use to experience the joys of modernist cooking as well as to delight their guests!
Whether you like to have sit-down dinner parties, walk-around cocktail parties, outdoor barbecues, or anything in between, you'll find great recipes that you can use. From fancy flatbreads and foamed dips to spherified cocktails and sous vided meats, modernist cooking can create food that plays with all of the senses. It is an awesome way to easily wow your family and friends!
What You Get In This Book
- An overview of modernist cooking techniques including carbonating, foaming, gelling, infusing, emulsifying, pressure cooking, thickening, sous viding, and spherification.
- A look at the most popular modernist ingredients and how to use them, including agar, carrageenan, gelatin, lecithin, sodium alginate, sodium citrate, xanthan gum and many more.
- A detailed look at the equipment you need to get started with modernist cooking at home, all of which costs less than $100.
- More than 100 recipes providing a wide variety of dishes that will be the hit of your party. They include:
•Crostini, pressure cooked soups, chicken wings and tenders
•Chips and dips, flatbreads, infused alcohols and cocktails
•Deviled eggs, cold soups, cheesy soups and dips
•A wide variety of small plates using beef, pork, chicken, fish, and lobster
- A comprehensive sous vide time and temperature chart, as well as cooking-by-thickness times.
- Detailed summary charts with the different techniques for various ingredients and what ratios they should be used in.
We have sample recipes for Sparkling Grape Gazpacho, Strawberry Daiquiri Gel Cubes, Carrot-Ginger Soup, and Shortcakes with Agar Fruit Gels.