2 salmon fillets, 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick, skinned and pin bones removed
2 teaspoons (10 ml) good extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh dill, chopped
1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) Maldon sea salt (or Kosher salt)
2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
2 wedges lemon for garnish
Crème fraiche for garnish – optional
1. Fill and preheat SousVide Supreme to 126F/52C.
2. Season the salmon with olive oil, dill and salt and put the fillets individually into small (quart/litre) cooking pouches; pour half the lemon juice into each pouch.
3. Vacuum seal and refrigerate for half an hour.
4. Submerge the pouches in the water oven and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the salmon from the pouch and serve immediately, topped with a little dill, a wedge of lemon.
6. Optional, add a small dollop of crème fraiche.