4 duck legs
1 tablespoon (15 ml) chili powder
1 tablespoon (15 ml) salt
1 tablespoon (15 ml) pepper
4 tablespoons (60 ml) duck fat, plus 1 tablespoon (15 ml) additional for browning
1 recipe Avocado Sauce (recipe follows)
1 recipe Cabbage Slaw (recipe follows)
8 warm corn tortillas
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 167F/75C.
2. Sprinkle the duck legs evenly with the chili powder, salt and pepper, put into small cooking pouches (two legs per pouch) and pour the duck fat over.
3. Vacuum seal the pouches and submerge in the SousVide Supreme for 8-10 hours.
4. After the duck is cooked, remove the legs from the pouches and let them rest until cool until cool enough to handle.
5. Remove the duck meat from the bone and shred into pieces.
6. In skillet on the stovetop, heat the remaining tablespoon of duck fat and sauté the shredded duck, stirring occasionally, until about half of the meat is browned and crisp, about 5 minutes.
7. Pile shredded duck onto warm corn tortilla, top with the Avocado Sauce and Cabbage Slaw and enjoy!
1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
1/3 cup (80 ml) mayonnaise
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
2 green onions, trimmed and chopped
2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
1⁄2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) cumin
In the bowl use a blender to combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
1 head cabbage, trimmed and finely sliced
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
1⁄2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1⁄4 cup (60 ml) rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss well to combine.