Makes 3 mini loaves (about 15 to 18 slices) or mini Bundts
2 cups (425 g) sous vide cooked pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin)
1/2 cup (120 ml) melted butter
1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
2/3 cup (150 ml) water
3 cups (575 g) white sugar
3 1/2 cups (348 g) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) salt
1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 ml) ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground clove
1. Fill the water oven to just below the fill line and adjust the water level for baking as follows:
2. Preheat the SousVide Supreme to 195F/90.5C.
3. Empty the water from the baking pans, dry them well, and spray them with non-stick baking spray.
4. In a mixing bowl, sift together the together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
5. In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the pumpkin puree, oil, and water and combine well.
6. Add one-half of the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture, stirring until just blended. Repeat with the remaining half.
7. Divide the batter among the three pans.
8. Set the pans into the water oven on the raised grill, taking great care not to let water lap into the pans. Position a tent of aluminum foil over the pans to divert drips of condensation into the water bath.
9. Bake for about 75 to 90 minutes.
10. Remove the loaves and cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Then remove loaves from the pans and allow them to cool completely.