Serves 2 to 4
Serve with Sous Vide Ribeye Steak
1 red beet, peeled
1 yellow beet, peeled
1 turnip, peeled
5 to 6 cippolini or pearl onions, peeled
1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil
1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 182F/83C.
2. Chop the beets and turnips into 1-inch pieces or, if desired, scoop into small rounds with a melon baller.
3. Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper and put each vegetable into its own small (quart/0.9 litre) vacuum pouch and vacuum seal.
4. Season the onions with salt and pepper and put them into a small (quart/0.9 litre) cooking pouch; add the olive oil and butter and vacuum seal.
5. Submerge the pouches in the SousVide Supreme and cook for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
6. Remove the onion pouch from the water oven, open the pouch, and drain off the accumulated liquid.
6. Pour the onions into a skillet, over medium high heat, and sauté for about 3 minutes until they become light golden.
8. Remove the remaining vegetable pouches and open them.
9. Arrange vegetables on a serving plate and enjoy.
To serve as Sharone does in Episode 8: Arrange the cooked vegetables and onions on the center of serving plates and top with slices of ribeye. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve.