By Les Petits Chefs and Chef John Placko
You will need:
Freeze-dried pineapple powder
- Immerse the bananas (2 per pouch) in sugar-cinnamon syrup inside quart-sized vacuum pouches and vacuum seal.
- Preheat the SousVide Supreme to 60*C and place the banana pouches into the water bath for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the coconut milk together with sugar and agar-agar to prepare the coconut gel, then place the mixture in a freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Warm some coconut oil and then use your hands to mix it with maltodextrin in order to turn it into fluffy, snowy flakes.
- Once the bananas are finished, remove them from the SousVide Supreme and cut them into even-sized rounds.
- Place the banana pieces on a baking sheet and brulee them using a kitchen torch until they are evenly golden-brown.
- Cut the coconut gel into cubes and then plate it along with the caramelized bananas. Sprinkle the coconut "snow" and pineapple powder over top to finish.