Courtesy of Chef Jason Wilson (Crush, Seattle)
6 (7-ounce/200 g) beef short ribs
2 tablespoons (30 ml) kosher salt
1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground black pepper
1 recipe Parsley Salad (recipe follows) for garnish
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 156F/69C.
2. Trim the short ribs of silver skin and excess fat and cut them evenly into thick blocks.
3. Season short ribs evenly with salt and pepper and put them into cooking pouches and freeze for 40 minutes, then vacuum seal the ribs.
4. Submerge in the water oven and cook for 48 hours.
5. If desired, sear the ribs for a minute or two in a hot skillet to caramelize the surface.
24 parsley leaves
2 tablespoons (30 ml) freshly grated horseradish
1 teaspoon (5 ml) white truffle oil
1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl as a garnish for the short ribs.