300 g Self Raising Flour
90g Butter, cut into chunks
150 g milk
120 g Butter
80 g Soft brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon, sultanas
150 g white sugar
1 tbsp boiling water
(I didn’t actually make the icing... tasted delish without)
- Pre-heat oven to 210C (190C gas) & Prepare a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Place flour and butter into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 5 until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. (You may need to do this a bit longer to get the correct consistency... maybe about 15 seconds?)
- With lid set to locked position, knead 40 - 60 sec/ Interval Setting (this is a TM term... I just added the butterfly attachment) adding milk gradually through the top hole until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn out dough onto baking paper and roll out dough into a rectangle approx. 25 x 40cm and 5mm thick.
- Place all ingredients for filling into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 4 or until creamy mixture has formed.
- Spread mixture evenly over dough rectangle, sprinkle on top as many sultanas as you desire.
- Roll up dough from the long side and using a sharp knife, cut rolled up dough into 3cm pieces.
- Place dough pieces, cut side up, on prepared baking tray and cook in the oven for 12 min or until golden brown. (I had to cook for a lot longer... more like 25 minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare icing.
- Weigh sugar in mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 9 into icing sugar.
- Add boiling water and mix 5 sec/speed 3 or until all sugar is incorporated and a smooth texture is achieved.