Ingredients from this recipe have been taken from an Exclusively Food recipe and adapted to suit Bellini.
170g sugar (I used caster)
180ml lemon juice (fresh is best but I only had the fridge stuff)
60g butter cut into pieces
3 large egg yolks (keep whites for meringue)
- Place Lemon Juice, Sugar, Butter, Eggs, & Cornflour into jug/bowl and mix Time: 15 sec Speed: 6
- Insert butterfly shaped tool and cook Time: 8 Min Speed: 1 Temp: 80deg until thickened.
- Set aside.
70g self raising flour
130g plain flour
30g caster sugar
120g cold butter cut into pieces
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 150/160 degrees (fan forced oven)
- Place all dry ingredients in jug + butter and process for Time: 10 sec Speed: 7
- Add egg and knead for Time: 15 sec Speed: 1 or until mixture forms a ball (add a little water if not coming together)
- Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead lightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1/2 - 1 hour.
- Roll out and place in baking dish. Poke holes all over the base and sides with a fork (this is to stop the pastry from bubbling).
- Line with baking paper and weight down with baking weights or rice. Blind bake in oven Temp: 150/160 for 10 minutes
- Remove weights and Bake Temp: 150/160 for 10 - 15 minutes
- Set aside to cool completely
3 egg whites from fridge
300g caster sugar
- Blend all ingredients 11 min Speed: 3 Temp: 40
- You may need to add the sugar in the last couple of minutes of cooking however I haven't perfected this as yet, still a work in progress.
- Add lemon filling to cooled base and distribute evenly.
- Top with meringue and use the back of a spoon to form peaks by pressing down gently and lifting.
- Bake at 190 degrees for 7 - 10 minutes or until meringue is lightly coloured.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate.