Brown Ale & Maple Venison Marinade
A 5-pound venison roast may be marinated up to 7 days, but 2 - 3 hours may also be sufficient. Well balanced marinades always include an oil, an acid, a sugar and flavoring ingredients.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup soybean oil
- 1/4 cup quality brown ale
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, shelled, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, stemmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 2 whole bay leaves, crushed
- Combine all of the ingredients making sure to increase the recipe to guarantee 1/2 cup of marinade for every pound of meat.
- Place the roast or other cut into a bowl, pour in marinade, and turn meat to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate up to one week depending on the portion size of the cut or flavor desired.
- A portion of this marinade may be used during the cooking process.