Recipe submitted by: Tammy S.
Great recipe for March and St. Patrick's day! Make ahead of time and vacuum package to bake later if necessary.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 can corned beef or 12 oz. deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 2 tubes (12 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, melt butter; stir in the cabbage, onion and caraway seeds. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the corned beef, Swiss cheese and salad dressing. Separate biscuits; place about 10 biscuits in an ungreased 9x13 baking dish. Press biscuits onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of pans. Add cabbage mixture; top with corned beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until heated through and biscuits are golden brown. Cut into squares to serve.
VacMaster TIP:Make two, vacuum package and freeze one to bake later.