The weather is warming up and folks are wanting to get outside. Here's a very healthy vegetable dish you can cook out on the deck or patio that your family will love.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, top 2/3 of stalks
- 2 small zucchini, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 1 large red pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into sticks
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 T chopped basil, fresh
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Cut all vegetables as listed. Mix together and place in a VacMaster® vacuum bag or pouch
- Mix together all marinade ingredients and pour over the vegetables in the bag.
- Using your VacMaster®, vacuum package the vegetables and marinade and place in the refrigerator for four hours. The last hour, remove and keep at room temperature. Remove and keep at room temperature for one additional hour.
- After 4-5 hours of marinating, cut the bag open and pour the vegetables into a bowl. They may then be transferred to a grill safe wok or other grill-able pan. Reserve the marinade in the bowl and occasionally brush onto the grilling vegetables. Cook over high heat until the vegetables are tender-crisp, approximately ten minutes.
VacMaster TIP:Utilizing a chamber machine makes this recipe a breeze. If you have an external suction machine, due to the liquid marinade, you may need to use a 2 1/2 quart vacuum canister instead of a bag.