- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Cook a pie pumpkin according to directions to make pumpkin puree.
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl with mixer or hand blender
- Place pie crust in an 8 or 9 inch pie pan using your own or pre-made
- Fill crust with pumpkin mixture to within a quarter inch of the top
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 45-60 minutes
- A table knife inserted into the middle comes out clean when done.
- Cool slightly; serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
NOTES: This recipe will create a lighter, fluffier pie. For a more dense pie, reduce to 3 eggs and only one 12 oz can of evaporated milk. You may want to consider covering the edge of the crust with foil to prevent burning. The pie may be vacuum packaged and stored in the freezer for up to a year or more. Be sure to freeze first then vacuum package to prevent crushing the pie. Re-heat in oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes after thawed.