Recipe submitted by: Jeff S.
This fantastic "dip" is popular in Mexico and Central America. It's a fantastic summer flavor, perfect for having friends over to enjoy the patio or deck on warm evenings!
- 2 - 3 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 Serrano or jalapeno pepper, diced
- Juice from 8 lemons
- Juice from 8 limes
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 2 large avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- Bag of tortilla chips
- Blanche shrimp in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then shock in ice cold water. Strain when cooled.
- Cut shrimp into one-inch pieces and place in a VacMaster® bag or pouch.
- Add lemon, lime and orange juices to the shrimp in the bag, vacuum seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 90 minutes.
- Open the vacuum bag and add tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and peppers. Re-vacuum seal and marinate for another hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the bag, place in a medium bowl and mix well. Add avocados and cucumber. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
VacMaster TIP:For a spicier flavor, add an additional chili pepper.