Recipe submitted by: Louise R.
A friend made this for a holiday party and now I've made it for 7 years! It’s so delicious and easy! I double the recipe and freeze portions for the following weekend too. I don’t want to cook more then I have to on the weekends!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (18.75 ounce) can tomatillos,drained and chopped (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 ears fresh corn or 1 1/2 cups frozen
- 1 pound diced, cooked chicken meat
- 2 (15 ounce) can white beans
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Melt butter, and add onion, garlic, saute until onions are soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, celery, carrots, tomatillos, tomatoes, green chilies, and spices. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Add corn, chicken, and beans; simmer low at least 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the leftovers are cooled package them in VacMaster Canisters or Chamber Machine pouches (pouches can only to be used with VacMaster Chamber Machines).
VacMaster TIP:For a milder version eliminate tomatillos.