Time: 1 hour
4 large eggs
4 slices Canadian bacon (or ham)
4 English muffin halves
2 sprigs parsley (optional for garnish)
Hollandaise Sauce – (see recipe below, or our sous vide hollandaise recipe)
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme™ to 147F/64C.
- Drop the eggs, in their shells, directly into the water bath and cook 1 hour.
- Fifteen minutes before the eggs have finished cooking, put Canadian bacon slices into a small skillet on medium heat and brown slightly. Remove, wrap in foil, and set aside to keep warm.
- Five minutes before serving, toast the English muffins to a nice golden brown.
- To serve, arrange 2 English muffin halves per plate, top each with Canadian bacon slices.
- Crack the perfectly cooked sous vide egg gently onto the Canadian bacon.
- Finish with hollandaise, a dash of paprika, and a sprig of parsley for a beautiful presentation to this classic dish.
Time: 10 minutes
4 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons (10 ml) lemon juice
4 teaspoons (20 ml) water
2 sticks (0.5 pound/0.23 kg) unsalted butter, melted
Champagne vinegar to taste
Salt to taste
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water (be careful not to let the bottom touch the water) whisk the egg yolks with the lemon juice and water until pale yellow in color.
- Remove the bowl from the pot and, whisking vigorously, add the melted butter 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until all the butter is incorporated and the sauce is thickened. Add a splash of vinegar and salt to taste.
- Keep warm until needed over low simmering water or pour the finished sauce into a food-grade cooking pouch, press out the air, seal and drop it into the SousVide Supreme with the eggs.)
Variation: Try adding a dash of onion powder and garlic powder or even hot sauce to kick it up!