On the 1st Day of Christmas, my SousVide Supreme gave to me... a perfectly poached pear
for all to see!
Courtesy of Chef Michael Solomonov of Zahav, Philadelphia, PA
• 2 large, red Bartlett pears, rinsed and dried
• 3 ounces (100 grams) raw honey
• ½ fresh vanilla bean, split and scraped
• 4 pods white cardamom, crushed
2. Peel, core, and halve the pears and put them
into a cooking pouch with the honey, vanilla,
3. Submerge in the water oven to cook for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on ripeness. They
should be past “al dente”.
4. Carefully remove them from the water bath and serve, immediately, with your favorite ice
cream or just by themselves.