On the 8th Day of Christmas my SousVide Supreme gave to me... 8 maids a-milking for
enough cream to make a big bowl of sous vide egg nog!
Makes about 12 servings
• 12 large fresh eggs
• 1 quart/1 liter whole milk
• 1 cup/200 grams superfine or powdered sugar,
• 2 cups/500 ml heavy cream
• Pinch kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups/500 ml bourbon whiskey, chilled
• 1 cup/250 ml brandy, chilled
• Freshly grated nutmeg
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are thick and pale yellow.
3. Add the milk, sugar, salt, cream and about 1/8 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg and
beat well to make the eggnog base.
from the pouch, and seal
. Do not attempt to vacuum seal the pouch with a suction-type
5. Drop the sealed food pouch into the water bath and cook for 1 hour, agitating the
contents in the pouch several times during the cooking period.
6. Remove the pouch from the water bath and immediately quick chill the base by
submerging the sealed pouch in ice water (½ ice ½ water) for at least 30
minutes. Refrigerate for several hours to overnight to thoroughly chill.
7. Remove the pouch of eggnog base from the refrigerator and pour it into a large punch
8. Add the, bourbon and vanilla and mix well.
9. Grate additional fresh nutmeg on top for garnish and serve immediately in punch cups.
(Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes if needed; serve well chilled.)