On the 11th Day of Christmas, SousVide Supreme gave to me…11 piping hot sous vide
asparagus tossed with citronette and crispy pancetta!
For the citronette
• 1 large orange, zest and juice
• 1 small shallot, peeled and
• 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Dijon
• 2 pinches sea salt
• 1 pinch freshly ground black
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) extra-virgin
olive oil, plus a glug for
For the asparagus
• 2 pounds (907g) asparagus, medium thickness stalks
• 8 ounces (227g) pancetta, thinly sliced
2. In a small bowl mix together the orange juice, zest, and shallots and let macerate for 15
3. Stir the dijon mustard into the orange shallot mixture and slowly whisk in the olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Warm a cast iron skillet over medium heat and cook the pancetta until crisp and
caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Put on paper towels to blot off grease and set aside
until ready to serve.
6. Peel the asparagus and trim the woody ends.
7. Put the trimmed asparagus into cooking pouches in a single layer and drizzle with a bit
8. Submerge in the water bath and cook for 4 minutes.
9. Pull the bag out of the water bath, open the pouch immediately and put into a serving
10. Pour the citronette over the asparagus and toss. Crumble the cooked pancetta over the
top and serve immediately.