On the 12th Day of Christmas, my SousVide Supreme gave to me... 12 delectable duck confit
Recipe courtesy of Michael LaRoche, Head Butcher and Chef for Bill the Butcher
• 2 duck legs
• 2 tablespoons (30 ml) duck fat
• salt and herb cure mix (recipe
• Salt and Herb Cure (enough for 2
• 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
• crushed fresh herbs such as
thyme, bay leaf, clove.
• Adjust amounts to have even
thorough coverage of the duck legs.
1. Rub duck legs with the cure and refrigerate at least 8 hours, overnight if possible.
3. Gently rinse the salt cure off the duck legs and pat dry.
4. Use a small sharp knife to carefully remove the skin from the legs in one whole
piece, if possible, and set aside.
5. Put the skinless duck legs into a cooking pouch with a dollop (a generous
tablespoon/15ml) of duck fat per leg.
7. Prior to serving, crisp the duck skin in a skillet over low heat until browned.