Sous Vide Overnight Oatmeal with Stewed Fruit Compote
- 1 cup (90g) of oatmeal (quick-cooking rolled oats)
- 3 cups (710 mls )of water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
Stewed Fruit Compote
- ¾ of a cup (100g) of dried fruit ( any mix of the following – cherries, blueberries, golden raisins, apricots, cranberries)
- 2 tablespoons( 25g) of white sugar
- ½ cup (118 ml) of water
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- Zest of half a lemon, finely grated
- Zest of half an orange, finely grated
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 155°F or 68°C.
- Place a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch into a baggy rack. If you don’t have a baggy rack, you can always ask someone to hold the bag open while you pour in the contents. Pour the oatmeal, water, salt and cinnamon into the zip-closure cooking pouch, and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ principle) to remove the air and zip the seal closed. Once the bag is zipped closed, submerge the pouch in the preheated water bath.
- Next, put a (quart /0.95 liter) zip-closure cooking pouches into a baggy rack. Then, pour the dried fruit, sugar, water, vanilla, orange and lemon zest into the cooking pouch and once again use the displacement method (Archimedes’ principle) to remove the air and zip the seal closed. Submerge the bag in the water bath alongside the oatmeal.
- Six – ten hours later, remove the pouches from the water bath. Give the oatmeal pouch a quick shake and pour straight into two bowls.
- Open the pouch with the stewed fruit and spoon the fruit compote on top of the oatmeal and enjoy.