2 chicken breasts, skin on
2 tbsp #5 Taste paste
1cm thick disc of haggis, cut into 1/2 cm slices
1 cm dish of black pudding, cut into 1/2 cm slices
For the spaghetti
Handful dried spaghetti
200ml double cream
Squirt #5 Taste paste
6 white mushrooms, finely chopped
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Carefully lift the skin from the flesh of each chicken breast and spread the #5 paste over it. Pull the skin back over to seal.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice through the thickest part of each breast and open up like a book. Place 3-4 slices of black pudding and haggis on top and then fold the breasts over to completely enclose.
3. Wrap tightly in clingfilm, then seal in a Sous Vide vacuum pack.
4. Set a Sous Vide water bath to 65C and once it comes up to temperature, immerse the chicken parcels in the bath and cook for around 2 hours.
5. After the cooking time, snip open the vac packs and remove the breasts from the clingfilm.
6. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the breasts, skin-side down, to brown and crisp the skin.
7. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted walter for approx. 8-9 mins.
8. Meanwhile (again), heat the double cream in a small saucepan, add a squirt of #5 Taste paste, then add finely chopped mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 mins until the sauce is thick, then add the cooked spaghetti to the sauce.
9. Slice the chicken breasts into thick slices and serve on a bed of umami spaghetti. Grate over some Parmesan to finish – for an extra umami burst.