Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist, Sophie
Serves 2 (easily doubled or quadrupled, just don’t overcrowd the patties or the pouches)
- 1/2 pound (226 g) ground turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- teaspoon (5ml) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground coriander
- ¼ (1.25ml) teaspoon paprika
- ¼ (1.25ml) teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) peanut oil
- A few baby spinach leaves
- 2 slices beefsteak tomato
- 2 slices feta cheese
- 2 whole wheat burger buns (baps)
- Put the ground turkey into a medium-sized bowl and add all the other ingredients.
- Combine the ingredients together, ensuring all the spices are mixed in well with the meat.
- Using clean hands, divide the meat into two equal portions.
- Press the meat into the chefs’ rings.
- Put the filled chef rings into a food-grade cooking pouch and vacuum seal the pouch.
- Put the sealed pouch in the fridge for about twenty minutes to let all the flavors mingle together.
- Meanwhile, fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 146°F (63.5 °C).
- Submerge the pouch in the water bath and leave to cook for one hour.
- Remove the burgers from the pouch, push them out of the rings, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush the burgers with the peanut oil using a pastry brush.
- Heat a grill pan (or grill) over a high heat.
- Sear the burgers quickly on both sides on the grill pan for color and flavor.
- Serve on a burger bun (bap) with some baby spinach, tomato, and fresh feta cheese.