Frozen Strawberry Mousse Terrine by Steve Cylka is a great way to present and plate a delicious dish. A terrine is a French term for a way of serving food that is in a loaf shape. There are also many terrines that are desserts with chocolate, fruits, cake and more.
Photo and recipe courtesy of theblackpeppercorn.com
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- Fit the chopping blade into the work bowl. Blend the frozen strawberries and sugar with on speed 7 for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides. Fit the mixing tool in place over the chopping blade.
- Add egg whites and lemon juice and blend on speed 4 for 2 minutes.
- Spread into a terrine and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Serve by cutting a 1 1/2 inch slice and lay it on a plate. If desired, serve with whipped cream, crumbled shortcrust pastry or shortbread and fresh strawberries.