Recipe courtesy of Sharone Hakman
2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons (10 ml) butter
2 tablespoons (10 ml) tequila
1 lime, for juice
Fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 146F/63.5C.
2. Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, put into a small (quart/0.9 litre) food-grade cooking pouch, and vacuum seal.
3. Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for at least 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
4. Remove the pouch from the water oven and the chicken from the pouch. Pat the surface of the chicken dry with paper towels.
5. In a skillet, over high heat, melt the butter and quickly sear the chicken on both sides for colour.
6. Deglaze the pan with the tequila and scrape up the flavourful brown bits. (For safety, remove the skillet from the heat when adding the tequila to prevent flare up.)
7. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate and drizzle with the tequila pan sauce.
8. Squeeze on the lime juice and garnish with chopped chives. Enjoy!