Adapted from The Zen Kitchen
Serves 8 to 10
5 pounds (2 kg) chicken wings, split into flats and drumettes
1 tablespoon (15 ml) kosher salt
4 cups (0.9 liters) high smoke point oil, such as peanut oil for deep frying
Carrot and celery sticks for serving
Ranch dressing for serving
For the Buffalo Sauce
1 stick (114 g) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup (120 ml) Frank’s Red Hot (or your favorite hot wing sauce)
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 170F/77C.
2. Season the wings with salt and vacuum seal in cooking pouches in a single layer, using as many pouches as needed.
3. Submerge the pouches in the SousVide Supreme to cook for 4 hours (or up to 8 hours.)
4. Remove wings from pouch(es) and pat very dry with paper towels.
5. In a bowl, mix together the Buffalo Sauce ingredients and set aside.
6. Heat the peanut oil in a dutch oven or deep fryer to 400F/200C and carefully add the wings to the hot oil, working in batches and keeping them moving with tongs, until they are nicely golden brown.
7. As your remove the wings from the oil, dunk them in the Buffalo Sauce and put onto a serving platter. Tent with foil to keep warm until all wings are ready.
8. Serve with carrot and celery sticks and plenty of ranch dressing!