From Episode 6 – Sous Vide Basics Cooking Video Series with Sharone Hakman
2 cups (300 g) strawberries, hulled and sliced into thick pieces
2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
1/4 cup (2 ounces/60 ml) sparkling white wine or champagne
2 tablespoons (30 ml) whipped cream, sweetened if desired
fresh mint, for garnish
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 183F/84C.
2. Put the berries into a small (quart/0.9 litre) cooking pouch*, add the sugar and champagne, and vacuum seal. (Take care if using a suction vacuum sealer not to allow any liquid to enter the suction chamber.)
3. Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 10 minute (or up to 30 minutes.)
4. Remove pouch and allow berries to cool to room temperature.
5. Scoop berries into a martini glass and top with whipped cream and a sprig of mint for an elegant presentation.
*Try the SousVide Supreme Zip Pouches and use the Archimedes Principle to seal liquid rich foods easily without suction.