Courtesy of Chef Josh Horrigan (thechefsacademy.com)
1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
1 turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
4 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
1 large sprig rosemary
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1/2 cup (120 ml) bacon grease (solidified)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 183F/84C.
2. Put all the vegetables into a large (gallon/3.8 litre) cooking pouch in a single layer, add bacon grease, garlic, and rosemary and vacuum seal. (Use multiple pouches, if needed, to avoid crowding.)
3. Submerge the pouch(es) in the SousVide Supreme and cook 2-4 hours.
4. Remove the pouch(es) from the water bath and transfer the vegetables (reserving the poaching liquid for later use) to a baking sheet, spreading them in an even layer.
5. Sprinkle the vegetables with a little fresh rosemary and broil for 3-5 minutes until a golden brown crust forms.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.