8 to 10 red skinned new potatoes, scrubbed, rinsed, and quartered
freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons (10 g) fresh rosemary, finely minced
1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
1 tablespoon (15 ml) rendered bacon or duck fat, or unsalted butter (optional)
1. Preheat the SousVide Supreme to 183F/83C.
2. Drizzle the potatoes with a scant bit of olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
3. Season the potatoes with a sprinkling of salt, pepper, garlic powder and rosemary.
4. Though additional fat is not necessary, if desired, put a tablespoon (15 ml) of rendered bacon or duck fat or butter into an appropriately sized cooking pouch, add the seasoned potatoes, distribute them into a single layer; do not overfill the pouch.
5. Vacuum seal the pouch.
6. Put the pouch into the pouch rack and cook for a minimum of 1 to 2 hours. Be sure that the food is entirely submerged below the surface of the water bath.
Delicious straight from the pouch. Quick chill in ice water for 1 hour and refrigerate for up to 48 hours to reheat as a side dish or use in soups, or use directly from the refrigerator in potato salad or wraps.
You may reheat in the sealed pouch in your SousVide Supreme at 183F/83C for 30 minutes.