Courtesy of Sharone Hakman (SharonHakman.com)
4 fresh ears of corn, shucked and washed
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons/56g) butter
1 handful fresh cilantro, stems removed, chopped
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 182F/83.5C.
2. Season the corn with salt and pepper on all sides.
3. Put the corn, butter, and cilantro into a large (gallon/3.8 litre) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
4. Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour. (The corn is delicious right out of the pouch.)
5. If grill marking is desired, preheat an oiled grill or grill pan to high heat.
6. Before serving, sear the ears briefly on the hot grill for added smoky flavor, rotating to put a few grill marks all sides.
7. Serve immediately.