From Episode 2 – Sous Vide Basics Cooking Video Series with Sharone Hakman
2 (8 ounces/240 g each) top sirloin steaks
salt and pepper to taste
6 garlic cloves, peeled
2 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
2 tablespoons butter
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to your preferred degree of doneness (120F/49C rare; 134F/56.5C medium rare; 140F/60C medium; 150F/65.5C medium well)
2. Season the steaks lightly on either side with salt and pepper and put each into a small (quart/0.9 litre) cooking pouch.
3. Add half the garlic, herbs, and butter to each pouch and vacuum seal.
4. Submerge in the SousVide Supreme and cook for at least 45 minutes and up to 8 hours.
5. Remove steaks from the pouch and quickly sear them in a hot pan or grill or with a kitchen torch for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side to caramelize and add flavor.